The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect lives, laws, and education in many states. And because of it, many states have even begun modifying homeschooling laws to keep both parents and children safe. To help you stay up-to-date with all state-wide homeschool regulation(s), the Homeschool Legal Defense Association or HSLDA organization comes to your aid.
It offers support for your kid’s education at every step of the way. And even provides you with the freedom to tailor curriculums that lead your child down to a rewarding career!
This US-based homeschooling organization believes every child is unique and deserves the best education possible. And to ensure parents can educate their children during this pandemic (and even after), the HSLDA provides homeschooling families with quality legal representations.
“The United States HSLDA Zealously Advocates the Freedom to Grow & Learn Through Homeschooling.”
Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
The HSLDA, situated in Purcellville, VA, United States, is the brainchild of Michael Farris. Set up in 1983, this goal of this homeschool advocacy was to defend homeschooling member families when the concept of state homeschooling was not legal in the U.S.
During that time, families or home educators who took to homeschooling were often miss-treated, vilified, and even prosecuted. To put an end to such grave injustice, the HSLDA played a significant role. It used its grassroots lobbying system in each of its 50 states to legalize homeschooling all across the U.S. school district.
The homeschool legal defense organization also was instrumental in defeating the bill H.R. 6, which needed all tutors (even home educators) to possess a legal teaching certification. In the year 2001, the HSLDA head Michael Farris also founded Patrick Henry College. And he was its president till the year 2006.
Fast forward to 2020; the HSLDA still stands firm as U.S.’s most extensive homeschool advocacy.
- It delivers necessary legal protection and advocates homeschooling freedom to families in all 50 states.
- Families get on-demand guidance and prompt answers to all their homeschooling questions.
- Plus, it aims to achieve strength through the existing community’s conjoint efforts and ensure all families equally reap the benefits of homeschooling. More so now in this COVID-19 pandemic situation!
Benefits of becoming a Homeschool Legal Defense member
Become An HSLDA Member Today And Ask Any Legal Questions Concerning Homeschooling!
That’s correct! The home school legal defense organization offers you the following benefits after becoming an HSLDA member.
- 100% complimentary one-to-one high school homeschool coaching from thousands of moms/ public school/high school home tutors without judgment
- Full access to all statewide legal forms and documents without any extra fee or hidden surprises
- Countless real-time answers to all your common questions
- Compassion grants for struggling families and emergency relief assistance to those facing difficulty from natural disasters
- Useful tips for balancing your work and looking after your kid’s homeschooling
- 24×7 on-call support homeschool legal defense team to represent you in court if the need arises
- And lots of other tailored legal benefits
Who are eligible to join HSLDA?
You are qualified to participate if:
- You have done homeschooling, or you are homeschooling parents
- All of your children graduated from homeschooling
- For a structured educational program, your children are too young
- Your kids are enrolled in private school, but you want home education to help them
- You’ve got no kids
- You are citizens of another country, or you live in it, and you have one of the above requirements
How much time does my application take to process?
Application processing normally takes three weeks. Sometimes it takes longer during the busy HSLDA season. When your membership is processed, you will receive your membership details via email.
If you want your application to be processed in 2 business days, it is welcome to speed up your application through a non-refundable $40 rush fee. There is no warranty for acceptance.
Last Words –
Becoming a member of the homeschool legal defense organization will offer you complete liberty to provide the best homeschooling education to your little one.
All you have to do it invest a small sum of $130/year or $12/month. And that’s all!
So what are you waiting for? JOIN TODAY
1 thought on “Support Your Child’s Homeschooling Journey with HSLDA”
thank you for all your efforts that you have put in this.
Very interesting information.
Comments are closed.