What do kindergarteners learn from Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum?
Kindergarten is the platform where the students can enhance and sharpen different basic skills. These skills will last for the adult phases.
- Academic skills (counting, writing, and reading)
- Cognitive, behavioural, and social skills
- Concentration and communication
- Adapt the expertise on different sounds, words, and letters
- Basic math skills
- Subtraction and addition
- Shape identification
Overview of home preschool lessons
The more efficiently you customize the kindergarten homeschool curriculum, the stronger the child could build science, math, languages, and arts. Besides the academic curriculum, the parents should focus on different activities to explore thinking, reasoning, and concentration skills. To make the kid active and happy, parents need to add music and other physical exercises regularly.
Remember a fact; the kid will learn and adopt most of the points at their elementary ages. To keep that in mind, you must make a comprehensive and effective curriculum. It would help if you customized the curriculum in such a way so that your child will enjoy and learn with the fullest motivation.
Want to know engaging lesson plans for your kids, check here, Fun Lesson Plans For Elementary Kids Is So Famous, But Why?
- Maintain a correlation with the updated state-standard while designing the comprehensive homeschool curriculum
- Set a learning objective; ensures that the kid should meet that with effective teaching and learning process
- To gain mastery in all aspects, inject lots of practice sessions
- Make the curriculum flexible to make the understanding and grasping process easier
- Introduce assessment to evaluate the efficiency of the curriculum and the performance of the kids
- For enhancing the problem-solving and critical thinking skills, introduced different brain-storming activities
The parents need to design the curriculum abided by the local and state homeschool legislation.
Don’t forget to read- Why Should You Choose The Best Accredited Homeschool Programs?
Kindergarten maths curriculum
Basic math skills for the kindergarteners
The kindergarten math curriculum elaborates the basic math. This curriculum will build a solid foundation in math. Here the kindergarteners will learn the basic and easy counting process, number identification, shape recognition, pattern completion, and addition-subtractions.
- Create, elaborate, and compare different shapes (2D and 3D)
- Group comparison (more-fewer, less-greater)
- Tally other pictorial graphs and charts for representing numbers
- Recognize that all the more significant digits are the addition of other smaller numbers
The objective of the maths curriculum
- Counting up to 20
- Time identification through digital and analogue clocks
- Identification denomination and the value of pennies, currencies, quarters, and dimes
- The concepts of weight and length
- Fundamentals of addition-subtraction
Kindergarten Language Arts Curriculum
The essential language-arts concepts for the kindergarteners
In kindergarten homeschools, the kids become familiar with different letters, words and phonic skills. This will help to enhance the writing and reading skills of the kindergarteners. With an adequate understanding of the phonological aspect, the kid can distinguish between different sounds of letters and words. This will help to write and read appropriately. That is why initial sound recognition is essential for kindergarteners.
- Identification of different letter and the sounds of them
- Comprehensive details of recalling
- Matching other pictures with related sentences
- Recognition and reading other sight words
- Easy rhymes and imitating sounds
- At first, Write through a combination of drawing and writing
- Then, Write through comprehensive recalling process
- Finally, Write a story explaining the event
These activities will explore the thinking, explaining, reason and comprehensive writing skill of the kindergarteners.
Kindergarten Science Curriculum
The essential science topics, a kindergartener, should learn
- Observation (Quantitative-qualitative)
- Different energy sources
- Differences among the living organisms and non-living things
- The animals and their details
- The material and their importance on the human race
- Enhances the description capacity with accuracy and precision
- Recognition of the energy sources and their impact on everyday life
- Accurate identification of the object’s location through appropriate terminologies
TOP KINDERGARTEN CURRICULUM CHOICES
Physical products for kindergarten homeschool curriculum
- This curriculum covers social studies, language arts, math, science, geography, thinking skills, and history.
- They provide a daily checklist. This helps to set and performance goal and motivation to achieve it. This makes the sessions exciting and compelling. This also helps to minimize the allotted time for the homeschool schedule. This also transforms the session more informative and makes the learning process effective-structured.
- This is one of the most effective physical approaches to homeschool math learning.
- They provide kindergarten homeschool curriculum kits (Universal Primer Set). This set consists of the expert’s guidelines with key answers, DVDs of short lessons, and manipulative.
- You can also enjoy and benefit from the digital access of teaching through songs, other online free resources, and free manipulative.
- This set will enhance the skills of counting, value, placing, adding-subtracting, identification and writing different symbols-numbers, time-telling, recognition-drawing shapes, counting skip, word-problems, and measurements.
- The main aim of ABEKA is to deliver the understanding of Christian value among the children.
- They try to shape the students spiritually, intellectually, and morally.
- Kids get different types of kit. These kits are specially crafted for other subjects and grades.
- They offer video tutorials for homeschool kindergarteners.
- They offer their tutorials through lucid languages and clear description. This makes the learning process effective and more accessible.
- Kids get weekly, monthly, and yearly lesson plans.
- They provide a daily schedule, practical tips, and various examples (through fun activities, games, and songs) to make homeschooling effective.
- They allow you to share your feedback on their process.
Easy Peasy All In One Homeschool
- This platform offer an online-free-home-school-curriculum on Christianity.
- They crafted this free homeschool platform for underprivileged students and families.
- Here, you can get quality tutorials for your kids on social studies, grammar, writing, spelling, reading, Spanish, Bible, arts, computers, history, math, vocabulary, logic, health, and music.
- This curriculum use unique ways of fun and interaction to deliver the lessons to the kindergarteners.
- These tutorials are specific for children aged between 2-8 years.
- They offer lessons on parts-of-speech, the human-body, measurement, telling time, value placing, addition-subtraction, patterns, environment, weather, animals-plants, matter, solar system, shapes, maps, and colours.
- They are offering these tutorials through different activities, games, puzzles, and games.
- You can print the lessons for free.
- Their tutorials are exceptionally crafted to enhance the reading and spelling skills of a child.
- They offer different combined exercises of games and activities to teach the student.
- The child can win superb rewards if she/he can read or spell correctly. This enormously motivates the children. It enhances the expertise of the reading and spelling expertise of children.
- They offer effective and updated tutorials for children aged 3 to 13 years.
What are the steps to homeschool the kindergartener?
- Go through the homeschooling laws of the state
- Research on different popular homeschool curricula and select the best suited for your kindergartener.
- Homeschool Schedule preparation
- Determine the homeschool cost
- Track the performance record of your child
- Make the schedule attractive by adding gaming time, activities, and field trips.
What is the best program for homeschool kindergarteners?
You can customize the 2-hours-homeschools schedule for the kindergartener in the evening or morning time. Don’t elongate the schedule for the whole day. Engage the kid in different activities and games. This will help them to grow effectively.
What are the subjects the kindergartener should know?
- Physical education
What are the learning objects of the kindergarteners?
- Overview of the subject matter
- Letters (upper-lower case)
- Letter identification and their uttering sounds
- Recalling and sequencing different events
- Identification of words with higher frequencies
What are the popular and practical tips for homeschooling?
- Add enough playing times for the kids.
- Accompany your kid while reading. This will improve the reading skills and pronunciation of the kid.
- Plan a field trip to break the monotony of homeschooling. You can give the kid practical experience on different facts, figures, animals, birds, worms, math activities, and other curriculum-related aspects.
- Try to answer and fulfil their thirst for curiosity and questions.
- Give them frequent breaks.
- Make the child familiar with advanced technologies.
How many hours a day do you homeschool a kindergarten?
For this elementary phase, the recommended time is 2 hours daily.
The kids are full of curiosity and questions at an early age, which is the time to educate them effectively. Young children are great adapters and imitators. If you can make a clear and robust base of the fundamentals of the lessons, this is probably the best phase. You can give the kid an updated education by staying at home through different homeschools. The parents need to research, select and customize a suitable kindergarten homeschool curriculum.
Check Homeschool releated more articles:
Wondering How To Start Homeschooling-Follow This Complete Guide